Public book mobile header
"The Ultimate Combination of Spirituality & Technology"

<---WEBSITE HOME

gfx
818 Posts in 629 Topics by 362 Members - Latest Member: WolfSpirit82 November 23, 2017, 08:45:29 PM
gfx* Home Forum Help Search Youtube Gallery Calendar Media Blogs Login Register gfx
gfx
Book of Shadows - Online  |  Book of Shadows/Light - MAIN  |  Pagan News  |  Challenges for Pagan Youth, In Their Own Words
gfx
gfxgfx

Author Topic: Challenges for Pagan Youth, In Their Own Words  (Read 566 times)

Offline Book Master

• BoS Admin
  • Site Admin
  • Wizard
  • Book of Shadows/Light App for Mobile, PC & Web.
    • Book of Shadows & Light © 2011
    • Youtube's channel
Challenges for Pagan Youth, In Their Own Words
« on: March 12, 2014, 10:06:55 PM »
Source Witchesandpaganes.com http://witchesandpagans.com/Pagan-Studies-Blogs/challenges-for-pagan-youth-in-their-own-words.html

The results are in! You may have seen my last post discussing a survey question I sent out to my youth network asking what their favorite part about being a young Witch or Pagan is. The results were surprising to most but I can’t say I was very surprised. However, the results of this survey question did surprise me a little.

To a network of thousands of young people on social media and email, I asked “what is the biggest challenge for you, being a young Witch or Pagan?” I received over sixty responses within 48 hours. Here is a small sampling of the responses:

For me it's age-hate from older pagans. 'you're too young to have an opinion!...you can't know more than me, I'm 30 years older than you!....quit trying to argue your beliefs you're a little kid!' I think it's horrid and ridiculous to think age = knowledge and the right to an opinion. Everyone has opinions and their own beliefs. And who knows, maybe that 21 year old witch has been studying since they were 15...that's 6 years. Whereas that 45 year old Witch could have only just been shown the path of Witchcraft. I also find a lack of resources horrid...most teen-focused books are 'spells for teenage witches who want to smite their bullies with magic' etc.

-V, age 17

Lack of resources, time, and confidence

-E, age 15

The hardest part was resources, support, keeping it a secret because of judgmental peers and fear of them.

-S, age 19

The most difficult part of being a young witch for me was dealing with the lack of teachers willing to teach. but I have overcome that by buying books.

-T, age 19

I get bullied because everyone thinks that I'm going to Hex them…

-L

I've always had a difficult time actually being able to join a group for regular circles because they are mostly adults who have been doing it for a long time and if i do join i don't feel that welcome.

-S

Unsupportive family. In my home everyone is a catholic. When I said to my aunt I'm a 'atheist' she ordered me go to the church and confess. It hurts.

-K

Lack of resources mainly. I don't have a job to pay for the things I need yet. Also the lack of knowing any other witches in the area to possibly help me and guide me. I'm also afraid that when I tell my mother she won't be too supportive of the idea. Also since I'm extremely new I still need to learn most of the basics and with only online resources (some of which are helpful) I'm not too sure of what I would be doing right or wrong plus I'm more of a hands on person and learn as I go. . . .

READ MORE

Book of Shadows OFFICIAL Blog
"We are all in the Darkness in search of the Light"

http://bookofshadowsandlight.com/

Book of Shadows - Online  |  Book of Shadows/Light - MAIN  |  Pagan News  |  Challenges for Pagan Youth, In Their Own Words

gfxgfx
gfx gfx