Pentacle Clock
Widget (Phone)

Indigenous Nations
of Americas

Chakra
Frequencies HD

gfx gfx
gfx
818 Posts in 629 Topics by 362 Members - Latest Member: WolfSpirit82 October 22, 2017, 08:35:07 PM
gfx* Home Forum Help Search Youtube Gallery Calendar Media Blogs Login Register gfx
gfx
Book of Shadows - Online  |  Book of Shadows - ONLINE  |  SALTS  |  Himalayan Pink Sea Salt
gfx
gfxgfx

collapse

BoS Navigation

Author Topic: Himalayan Pink Sea Salt  (Read 1743 times)

Offline Truthseeker_Mitzy

• Site Admin
  • Wizard
  • Book of Shadows & Light user
    • Youtube's channel
Himalayan Pink Sea Salt
« on: November 22, 2011, 11:57:27 PM »
http://www.mountainroseherbs.com/learn/pinksalt.php

Himalayan Pink Salt was originally formed from marine fossil deposits over 250 million years ago during the Jurassic era.  Harvested from ancient sea beds, this rare and extraordinary salt has been a valuable commodity for centuries.  Historically, the Himalayan people used this salt to preserve their fish and meat throughout the year, and every spring they transported the salt to Nepalese valleys for trade. Heavily burdened yaks would carry the salt along narrow sloping paths, mountains, and cliffs in order to sell and exchange the salt for other commodities.
Himalayan Pink Salt is still extracted from mines by hand, according to long-standing tradition, and without the use of any mechanical devices or explosion techniques. After being hand-selected, the salt is then hand-crushed, hand-washed, and dried in the sun. However it should be noted that most of the commercial supply of Himalayan Pink Salt on the market today is currently coming from the mountainous regions of Pakistan.
Find the light from within and all things are possible.

ॐ Namaste ॐ

Offline Starlah

• Ascending
  • Priestess of the Gods
    • Coven of the Whispering Willows
Re: Himalayan Pink Sea Salt
« Reply #1 on: July 19, 2012, 03:45:50 PM »
Wow. I have some of this from a local shop, and I never knew the background. Very informative, thank you.

Starlah
"Where one door closes another opens...but they all open if you have the keys."

Offline Truthseeker_Mitzy

• Site Admin
  • Wizard
  • Book of Shadows & Light user
    • Youtube's channel
Re: Himalayan Pink Sea Salt
« Reply #2 on: July 23, 2012, 03:47:40 PM »
You are welcome, I also post links to every site I get info from for people to browse all different kind of info. I love the sea salt we have theyre so yummy and makes cooking with it wonderful :)
Find the light from within and all things are possible.

ॐ Namaste ॐ

Book of Shadows - Online  |  Book of Shadows - ONLINE  |  SALTS  |  Himalayan Pink Sea Salt

gfxgfx
gfx gfx